Thursday, October 2, 2008

Crocheting Binge


I have been crocheting my fingers to the bone the past week or 2! I taught myself the Amigurumi style of crochet in August and I have been making animals, monsters, and other huggable creatures since then. The book I learned from is called, Amigurumi World, Seriously Cute Crochet, if you click on that you can check out the authors blog. She is seriously talented! Most of my creations can be seen on my flickr set~ Knit and Crochet. I have been getting really into Amigurumi, I love the way they end up looking, they are just adorable. I am pretty much set for birthday parties, baby showers, and whatever else event I need a kid/baby present for.




Here are a few of my newest creations, including my first ORIGINAL creature, this little red monster~

I am also working on a little accessory for our families Halloween costumes which will be revealed later. (: AND I am going to attempt to sew my kids costumes, which is a first....I am open for any advice/ words of wisdom on sewing, putting together costumes.

2 comments:

Maiasaura said...

these are very cute critters. i bet your boys love them. i'm really impressed that you made your own without a pattern!

i'd love to get together soon, but i want to wait until this cold passes through our family. when we are done being sick i will email you. :-)

Mama Niccicoco said...

I hear you girl! My boys are finally over snot/cough/flu bug that hit us the beginning of october.
Oh I wanted to invite you~Oct 24th we are having a pumpkin playdate, at 11am at our house. Kind of a mini halloween party. My kids don't have school that day because of teacher conferences, so hopefully yours will be off too! Jack was talking about Simon the other day!