Sunday, February 13, 2011

happy valentines day

happy valentines day, originally uploaded by cocomama1.
Last night was our annual sweethearts dance and rock show, and I have been a busy busy bee making and finding decoration, planning, and promoting it. We had a huge turnout and the bands were AMAZING. I love theme parties, so I had a blast making stuff to hang up and make the back room of the pizza works a little more romantic.
My sister, mom and I made the backdrop for school dance type photos. It turned out really cute. My sister bought a full size black flat sheet for the background. The numbers were cut out of felt and so were lots of the hearts. The pink animal print heart fabric was a fun added touch. Fabric glue held everything on.

 I found some cute vintage cupid and heart cutouts at a local antique mall. I punched holes through them and used clear fishing line to tie them together with doilies and other heart shapes. They look quite adorable if I do say so myself. The most fun things to make were the large tissue paper pom pon flowers that we hung from the ceiling. My friend Laura tipped me off on them, they were totally easy and fun to make. Here is the link to make them- Martha Stewart tissue pom pons. I took some photos while I was making them.





 Here is the finished backdrop below. It was super cute with kissing couples in front of it!
 Happy Valentines day friends! XOXOXOXOXOXO

No comments: